Thursday, July 22, 2010

A True Lollygag Start

Well I've been waiting out the snow and I'm not sorry I didn't try and start early. The first couple groups simply turned back after 6 and 11 miles or so. A later group ran into navigation, visibility and snow issues: one ended up with frostbite. I journaled a bit about this on my online trail journal, www.postholer.com/lollygag, (I think that's the address, it can be accessed here under "contact" in my profile).

It is my loose plan to use this site for digital pictures, the other site for journaling, but the online stuff is all new to me and it remains to be seen where is easier to post during the hike. My camera phone is all hooked up to google, so that may be easier.

Of course this is assuming that I actually get my but on the trail: I've been sandbagging my preparations but now the snow is nearly melted and my start date ridiculously late so it's nearly time to go, ready or not. Last year I couldn't wait to get out of the rat race. This year I'm dwelling on certain desirable vestiges of civilization that seem impossible to live without...

No comments:

Post a Comment